Tangent Animation is seeking a talented 3D Modeling Supervisor with experience and knowledge of the principles of character modeling to join our growing team. Working knowledge of Blender and/or Maya is required, and knowledge of Z-Brush and 3D sculpting techniques is requried. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high-quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
- Work from 2D character sheets to generate 3D maquettes used as the basis to create animatable geometry compatible with Tangent Animation’s production pipeline.
- Must be able to work collaboratively to ensure the character geometry adheres to the style and vision set out by the Director, Art Director and CG Supervisor. Must also collaborate with our other Lead Modelers and Supervisors.
- Attend modeling reviews and adjust/refine the geometry as indicated by the Director and Lead Art Director.
- Oversee the work within the Character Modeling team, and assist modelers in hitting targets specified by the Director, Art Director and CG Supervisor.
- Deliver work in a timely manner.
- We prefer artists that have 4 or more years of professional experience working with Blender, Maya or other professional animation software, though all talented modelers with supervisory experience are encouraged to apply.
- Online demo reel or portfolio that demonstrates your expertise in 3D modeling and 3D sculpting is essential.
- Must have the ability to interpret a 2D character sheets and orthographic drawings.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Director(s) as necessary.
- Should have some leadership experience in past positions.
- Knowledge of 3D animation production pipeline is beneficial.
- Reports To:
- CG Supervisor, Art Director
- Animated Feature Film
- Start Date:
- Aug 01 2016
- End Date:
- Nov 01 2017
Contact UsIf you're interested in this position, please email your Resume to email@example.com
You can also share this with people you know: