Tangent Animation is seeking talented 3D Character Animators with experience and knowledge of the principles of character animation to join our growing team. Working knowledge of Maya and Blender is beneficial. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high-quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
- Work from storyboard/animatic and 3D layout files to create high-quality, key-framed animation demonstrating a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, and weight, including lip sync and shot-to-shot continuity.
- Must be able to work collaboratively to ensure animation adheres to the style and vision set out by the Director, Animation Supervisor and Lead Animators.
- Attend animation dailies and adjust/refine animation as indicated by the Animation Supervisor, Director and Lead Animators.
- Deliver work in a timely manner.
- We prefer artists that have 2 or more years of professional experience working with Maya, Blender or other professional animation software, though all talented animators are encouraged to apply. Artists with demonstrable knowledge of classical 2D animation and / or stop-motion animation will also be considered.
- Online demo reel that demonstrates your expertise in 3D animation essential.
- Must have the ability to interpret a storyboard.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Director(s) as necessary.
- Knowledge of 2D or 3D animation production pipeline is beneficial.
- Reports To:
- Animation Director, Lead Animator
- Feature Film
- Start Date:
- Jan 01 2018
- End Date:
- Mar 16 2018
Contact UsIf you're interested in this position, please email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also share this with people you know: